Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing bath tap shower mixer to wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If have the below shower/bath tap mixer to fit. The finish wall won't be tiles but plastic sheeting. That isn't too strong. So I want a way of fixing the shower to the wall before it's sheeted. Do I use the offset connectors supplied and a back plate elbow or buy shower mounting kit? It's on to a solid wall, well it's a thermal block wall.

You could use backplates and nipple or maybe this ?

Yes it’s called a running nipple if straight fully threaded or barrel nipple if you don’t want it fully threaded

Stick two 15mm pipes out that are properly secured in the wall then use a fast fix kit? Usually do bar showers like this with plastic paneling and don't have any issues, can't see a bath/shower mixer being much different?

Stick two 15mm pipes out that are properly secured in the wall then use a fast fix kit? Usually do bar showers like this with plastic paneling and don't have any issues, can't see a bath/shower mixer being much different?
That's what I wanted to do but the shower bath mixer is heavy. I'd worry that it may pierce the plastic. That is hollow on the inside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329_183942_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329_183942_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Fixing bath tap shower mixer to wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock