Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Shower choice advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I am about to replace my ancient 8.5Kw Mira Elite shower which has finally died.
The Mira is a tank fed pumped model with the water connection at the very top left hand side and the electrical connections towards the bottom left.
I am planning replace it with a mains fed shower as there is a convenient feed in the loft above with what I think is decent enough pressure.
What would be the best model of new shower to choose with ease of fitting being the main priority? Would anyone go with another gravity fed pumped shower?

Many thanks for any help.

Triton T,80 profit would be my choice , but just fitted a bristan pumped shower for my nephew as a replacement for a newteam one and was a straight swap . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200101-175339.png
    Screenshot_20200101-175339.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200101-175229.png
    Screenshot_20200101-175229.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200101-175102.png
    Screenshot_20200101-175102.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi all, I am about to replace my ancient 8.5Kw Mira Elite shower which has finally died.
The Mira is a tank fed pumped model with the water connection at the very top left hand side and the electrical connections towards the bottom left.
I am planning replace it with a mains fed shower as there is a convenient feed in the loft above with what I think is decent enough pressure.
What would be the best model of new shower to choose with ease of fitting being the main priority? Would anyone go with another gravity fed pumped shower?

You are guaranteed a constant flow rate with your pumped electric shower, the mains supplied shower is obviously simpler and quieter but require ~ > 1 bar dynamic pressure at the shower to give ~ 8 LPM to ensure constant flow/temperature control with the stabilising valve.
Its your choice but the Mira pumped shower around here has a very poor reputation, a Triton, either pumped or mains would be a good choice IMO, just check that the particular model you choose has the water&electrical connections as the old ones were.

Triton really good value used them myself and installed them for years centralheatking

Reply to Electric Shower choice advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock