Search the forum,

Discuss condensate pump noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slartibartfast

hi,

having read through this forum I've noticed that others have also had noise problems with condensate pumps for boilers.

I've had our plumber try two different models of pump and both are noisey so we can't have heating start before we wake up or when the kids are in bed! I'd expect a small buzz but sounding like an aircraft landing is rediculous.

we've tried the sponge backing etc.

I can't believe I'm the first customer to require a quiet pump. How come the pump for the radiotors are quiet? Anyone recommend a condensate pump that is actually quiet or near it?

I'd be greatful for any advice

Unfortunately that all make a noise. Unlike the boilers pump that simply circulates these need to lift and push whilst having the disadvantage of never being purged of air.

the quietest one I've installed to date is a multifit boiler discharge pump but they are also the most expensive. I can't advise spending money on one as I couldn't say it would be any better then the two you have tried.

couple of things to note though the best place to site them is on a floor on top of a paving slab that has carpet underlay between that and the floor. Also it needs to be dead level. Where possible don't fit it or the pipe work to wooden or plasterboard walls. Clip the discharge pipe from the unit at 50cm intervals using a clip that fits snug. Also ensure the clear hose has sweeping bends not tight turns as they will cause a restriction and cavitation of the pump.

And finally a lot of the pumps can only handle pumping uphill for a maximum of 5 meters and even that will see it strain.

hope that helps

The vaillant one was only 40db it was pretty quiet when the guy demo'd it at my training day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensate pump noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock