Search the forum,

Discuss 13,333 btus off 15mm pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am putting the pipework in for a heating system and am left with 3 rads to pick up with 13,333 btus of heat needed for this 3 rads. After the last rad on the circuit before these 3. Is around 4 meters, I have ran 22mm from there. I plan on reducing down to 15mm around 300 mm before picking up the first of these 3 rads. Should that be ok?

If temperature difference across rad (Delta T) is 11C then you are within margin for 15mm, but for the sake of extra 300mm ,why not take 22mm to tails of first rad. then larger or extra
rads could be added in future.

No it won't simple answer

If you've ran 22mm for the rest of the system, why not just keep it that way, why create future problems with a system you've put in from brand new?

can we please go metric or imperial and stop mixing it up, poor brain can't cope

My old fashioned pipe limit on open vented is 20,000 btu on 15mm pipes.
That said, I would always try to have maximum only on very large rad coming solely from 15mm pipes.
Do no harm to take 22 mm to the last tee branch off for last two radiators unless they are very small rads. Better to be looking at it, as looking for it, as the saying goes, - especially when the customer decides later to add a little extension

can we please go metric or imperial and stop mixing it up, poor brain can't cope

Simple conversion:- 1litre weighs 2.2 lbs 1 degree C = 1.8 degree F
Therefore to raise 1 litre by 1degree C requires 2.2 X 1.8 BTUs Approx 4 BTUs for sizing purpose. The metric energy system of a Newton force for 1 metre does not have the same simple direct relationship with mass of water and rise in temperature.

No it won't simple answer
?

If temperature difference across rad (Delta T) is 11C then you are within margin for 15mm, but for the sake of extra 300mm ,why not take 22mm to tails of first rad. then larger or extra

Where as if you designed at 20deg C difference (so 70 Flow & 50 Return as you should) then a 15mm will p*ss it = 11kW, which I think is around 37K of them very out of date, pre decimal thermal units, that are so difficult to work with. :6:

Dividing output in BTUs by 4 X (Delta T) to get flow in litres per hour is all my pre senile brain can manage.

So carry on in 22mm to the first rad of the 3, the reduce down to 15mm to pick up the final two rads with a btu rating of about 9000btu between them.

Would mostly likely use a 22mm,15mm,15mm tee to pick up this rad then go to 15m to the finale two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 13,333 btus off 15mm pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock