Search the forum,

Discuss Which Inhibitor for Vaillant Ecotec ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Had system drained and replaced 3 rads. Just wanted to know is any inhibitor ok or does vaillant have a recommended brand?

Most manufactures recommend Fernox or Sentinel as desc in the manufactures instructions. Do you know what was added at the time of installation?

No Idea.

I have a local wickes and the have the Sentinel X100?

The system doesnt have a filter - should I take this opporunity to get that installed as well?

Wickes sells the Magnaclean Pro 2.

If thats the case then I will get a plumber to do both?

Vaillant say use inhibitor but are not specific about the brand. If the system has been flushed either Sentinel or Fernox will do fine. Make sure you put a note of the make type and dose somewhere appropriate, e.g. a sticker on the boiler. I like a luggage label tied to the drain point too.

You should certainly get a magnetic filter installed.

Vaillant say use inhibitor but are not specific about the brand. If the system has been flushed either Sentinel or Fernox will do fine. Make sure you put a note of the make type and dose somewhere appropriate, e.g. a sticker on the boiler. I like a luggage label tied to the drain point too.

You should certainly get a magnetic filter installed.

Dose?

I have 7 radiators with a combi. I just assumed you would use the full 1l.

What is in these instructions (circa 2014 models):

Attachments

• A8FCF21A-74FC-4CC2-B427-910949951E0E.jpeg
    A8FCF21A-74FC-4CC2-B427-910949951E0E.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 9C56E0D1-ACE1-46AA-9F62-6A1D1A1F21D1.jpeg
    9C56E0D1-ACE1-46AA-9F62-6A1D1A1F21D1.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Which Inhibitor for Vaillant Ecotec ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock