Search the forum,

Discuss Some People in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I tell you what, some people are just a-holes!

Fitted a boiler today, underquoted really but that's my fault. The tenants were in - I was there from 9am for about 12 hours making sure everything was up and running as they've not had a boiler for about a week now.

They said nothing to me all day and not even a whiff of a cuppa.

When I left, after explaining I'd have to come back to sort the condense pump (no power lead in box - very f annoyed!) but everything was running as it should be - they didn't even say thank you.

I'm not sure why they've got to me but I just got the feeling they thought they were above me so I wasn't worth talking to.

Aarrgghh!!!

Last edited:
you working for tenants or landlord? and thats normal tenants mate either very nice or dont care also some watch your every move

I'm working for LL, but previously fitted rads at same place and the woman seemed ok - she just dismissed me this time.

I wouldn't worry about it bud, at some point you will have your revenge, just leave it to karma!!! You are bound to be working there again soon and the tenants are bound sure to want a little favour doing!! Just remember to tell em to get stuffed!!!

I fitted a shower in a rented accom a while back the female tenant was chatting away with me and had a brew etc etc .

Then later that day i had a call from the landlady saying i really upset the tenant and was incredibly rude and i must not contact her nor ever go back.
Annoyed by this rubbish claim i waited a week and as i had her mobile number i then put it all over gumtree and viva street nationwide that she was selling a dog .

I fitted a shower in a rented accom a while back the female tenant was chatting away with me and had a brew etc etc .

Then later that day i had a call from the landlady saying i really upset the tenant and was incredibly rude and i must not contact her nor ever go back.
Annoyed by this rubbish claim i waited a week and as i had her mobile number i then put it all over gumtree and viva street nationwide that she was selling a dog .

What a great idea!!!! You legend ;)

No brew all day ?
That's one of my pet hates.
I know it's not normal but I build up a very strong psychological hatred of people who inflict tea deprivation.
How can you function without a cuppa.

Are you sure this isn't what's happened to you ?
You suffered tea deprivation and focused all your internal negative energy on them !

I just love tenants...not.

Had a 9:00 am appointment, on a Saturday morning. No one answers the door, call them to find they are in a café up the road.
Waited 45 minutes for them to return. Charged for my time from 9:00. Did write on the invoice tenants didn't arrive until 9:45.

Had another one that told me she leaves home at 6:30 in the morning and doesn't come back until 6:30 in the evening.
She asked me what time outside her work hours suits?
Told her no agent or landlord will pay my after hours rates - so call agent and find someone else to do the work.

Another one, we did a heating system for. Landlord calls me at 9:00 at night saying the heating is not working and tenant will be going to a motel for the night and I will be charged for his accommodation.
Went to the property and the gas meter was capped. This happens when people don't pay their bill ( after a very long time )
Told the tenant how much the costs were and billed the landlord.

And there's more but that's only the last couple of months

No brew all day ?
That's one of my pet hates.
I know it's not normal but I build up a very strong psychological hatred of people who inflict tea deprivation.
How can you function without a cuppa.

Are you sure this isn't what's happened to you ?
You suffered tea deprivation and focused all your internal negative energy on them !

I think you might b right - I was suffering from a bad case of lack-o-tea-itus lol

Seriously though when I was packing up I really felt a strong distaste to them - I wanted to say something but I need to get paid haha

I just love tenants...not.

Had a 9:00 am appointment, on a Saturday morning. No one answers the door, call them to find they are in a café up the road.
Waited 45 minutes for them to return. Charged for my time from 9:00. Did write on the invoice tenants didn't arrive until 9:45.

Had another one that told me she leaves home at 6:30 in the morning and doesn't come back until 6:30 in the evening.
She asked me what time outside her work hours suits?
Told her no agent or landlord will pay my after hours rates - so call agent and find someone else to do the work.

Another one, we did a heating system for. Landlord calls me at 9:00 at night saying the heating is not working and tenant will be going to a motel for the night and I will be charged for his accommodation.
Went to the property and the gas meter was capped. This happens when people don't pay their bill ( after a very long time )
Told the tenant how much the costs were and billed the landlord.

And there's more but that's only the last couple of months

Pees me off when I get 8am appointments and no ones home

I find it rather rude to not be offered a cuppa or a drink if I'm working at someone's place for over 2 hours

In my opinion it is a nice gesture to offer a cuppa tea ... I think it's the way you got broad up .. Is like saying please and thank you which are the most important things in life. But it also depends on the culture itself ...

Most of my customers offer tea/drink, but I always have bottles of drink with me anyway just in case. No way would I be karting a kettle, tea, milk etc around. I can barely be bothered to carry my tools in from the van!

Some people are so ignorant we take our own kettle etc

We were doing airconditioning in a restaurant in a very popular strip.

They were selling coffee by the truckload all day.

When it came to morning tea and lunch, I made a point of walking up and asking if they can fill our kettle.
They never offered us anything.

Really made a point, because we were working for the Landlord who was paying for the airconditioning to be installed.

Nice for the tenants to keep the contractors on side.

A few cups of coffee may have made for a more convenient time to turn the power off.

I was doing a job last year I think and mentioned in jest about putting the kettle on, the bloke replied this is not a cafe son. by god he did get charged plenty on no tea tax. best of it was he had no heating at all when I turned up.

have a old boy that works with me! We changed a fire and back boiler to a combi new rads etc! 3 days work. on the 2nd day after no tea he turned up with his own kettle plonked it next to hers while she was making her morning brew and shouted to me "chris my kettle is on its a dry house" I did laugh!

cant beat the old boys! they still never offered us a drink either :)

Old hand to customer ; What`s the middle letter in water?
Customer; T
Old hand; Thanks very much milk and 2 sugars in mine thanks!

When I was an apprentice, got offered a cup of tea an said no thanks.

Fella I was working with said, you never refuse a cup of tea when you work with me. You have it with no sugar!

Working for an old Italian couple yesterday, got there at 9:30 am, drain down, take floor up upstairs, locate underfloor heating manifold, cut and unblock manifold, put back together, refill system, put floor back, van loaded by 12:30 just about to bugger off to next job, when they insist I sit down and have dinner with them!!!! Ended up with roast pork, roast spuds, carrots, and spinach, near as dammit had to fight the old woman off wielding the wine bottle!!!!! Finished off with a apple crumble with custard!
Didn't get to my next job until 3:30!!!!!

Ive had a tenant this week. Nice as pie to me. Boiler kept locking out on overheat cos of a faulty return thermistor on an isar.
Asked to use the big for a pee and she said no problem.
About an hour later i gets a call from the letting agent because she complained i used the toilet.
Wtf is that about. I even put the sodding seat back down for her

Some tenants are just plain odd

Ive had a tenant this week. Nice as pie to me. Boiler kept locking out on overheat cos of a faulty return thermistor on an isar.
Asked to use the big for a pee and she said no problem.
About an hour later i gets a call from the letting agent because she complained i used the toilet.
Wtf is that about. I even put the sodding seat back down for her

Some tenants are just plain odd

Smile to your face then stab you in the back mate!

I was supposed to go and survey a rad change this evening - called the lady, I asked if she was home. She replied she was and that her rad was leaking (the one I'm going round to see about replacing), but dont worry, she says, they'll be a plumber here when you get here sorting out the leak! I didn't bother going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some People in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock