Search the forum,

Discuss Sentinel Test kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Some advice please , I have ordered a Sentinel test kit that does 10 tests for the strength of X100 . I will shortly be changing a rad for a customer and if I could test the inhibitor strength it would be handy ( i dont want to put nails in a jar of fluid & wait to see if they go rusty ) .
My question is , Will the test only work for X100 or will it detect other brands of inhibitor ? As they dont seem to print on the bottles what the actual chemical is i dont know if they vary a lot !
I would normally say to a customer if they havent put inhibitor in lately i might as well add a bottle , but it would be nice to actually demonstrate that a system needs it .
I would appreciate any advice on this , Cheers .

The only downside of the Sentinel test kit is that it only picks up Nitrate which is only used in their own gear (pretty nasty stuff too). The Fernox protector test kit will pick up anyones inhibitor as it works on alkalinity which is something that all good inhibitors use, I blagged mine from the rep at a powerflushing training session so might be worth giving your local rep a call, otherwise you can get them from plumbs for about £30 and the pack will do 50 tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sentinel Test kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock