Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflow Toilet System - wastepipes and manhole cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeborahSmyth

Hello

Does anyone know what size and width a saniflow toilet waste pipe should be? Also is it normal to drill a hole in the outside wall of the bathroom to feed the waste pipe through the hole and stick the wastepipe directly into the manhole without a cover so folk can see directly into your sewage and keep tripping over the plastic piping which isnt secured to the ground in back yard? i thought pipes should be secured and hidden from sight its an eye sore and a health hazard the guy that done it would give plumbers a bad name oh yes and forgot to say the brand new saniflow toilet was used twice and then it got blocked so either its the wastepipe is too small for the waste or the toilet isn't working - any advice would be greatly appreciated - it this normal procedure for installing a saniflow toilet?

Sounds like a very dodgy install indeed
Have you got photos
That doesn't sound like a "plumbers" install

No. our resident expert RPM will be along shortly no doubt. But pics would definitely help. Can pretty much guarantee that the installer has ignored Saniflows 10 golden rule guidance

Also. How did you come by the "plumber" not some sort of builder was he??

No But I can get some when I get home - hes apparently a qualified plumber but the toilet doesn't work the pipes are a mess and the shower enclosure he put in is wonky - that's what happens when you use a mate of a mate with no paper trail or contract wont be doing that again no way! I dunno what he done with all the money I gave him but it defo wasn't spent on the bathroom. Ill take some first thing in the morning and add them to this forum - thanks for your help it means im not going mad then! :)

No hes an alleged plumber hes my brothers mate apparently he is up to his eyes in work all year round if that's the mess he made with our bathroom I would hate to see other work he has done god help them! I didn't want to use him but my mum insisted as he was a familiar face and it would save me all the 'hassle' of placing an ad somewhere when he was there and available - worst thing I ever did the money came out of my own pocket its a total disgrace and he should be struck off any lists he is on!

Probably not. Begs the question what qualifications he's touting but yes please add some pics. FYI saniflows can work on a surprisingly small outlet pipe but only if installed to spec

Just off topic should you need someone to put it right then [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

We obviously still can't offer a forum guarantee but ALL the regulars on here are extremely experienced and couldn't deal with the mickey taking if they do something wrong

Just off topic should you need someone to put it right then [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

We obviously still can't offer a forum guarantee but ALL the regulars on here are extremely experienced and couldn't deal with the mickey taking if they do something wrong

The mickey taking is bad enough when we do something right!

Welcome to the forums Deborah.

Please include photo`s of all the connections to and from the Saniflo and If you are able I suggest turning off the electrics for the pump and the water to the toilet cistern and keep hold of any paperwork that came with the Saniflo.

Sounds too bad to be real, maybe a christmas wind up? So he just kicked off the manhole cover and hung a white pipe over it?

No. our resident expert RPM will be along shortly no doubt. But pics would definitely help. Can pretty much guarantee that the installer has ignored Saniflows 10 golden rule guidance

Dunno whether to give you a headslap for putting a W on Saniflo or shaking your hand for remembering the 10 Golden rules mate.

I`ll let the forum decide your fate. Hehe.

Last edited:
Sounds too bad to be real, maybe a christmas wind up? So he just kicked off the manhole cover and hung a white pipe over it?

If a big Indian restaurant can do it ................

That was auto correct sorry. How could we know someone like you and not know the 10 golden rules by now.

im being pedantic here but if he`s really "up to his eyes, all year round", how come he was available? It sounds like you got him at short notice? Hope you get it sorted out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit harsh, might have found answers on the web, plumber might of said it was only a temporary arrangement.

Would you leave an open manhole even temporarily? Sounds too dodgy to be true. Restaurants are a law unto themselves though, seen more seriously shonky bodies in restaurants caffs and take-aways than anywhere else...

Would you leave an open manhole even temporarily? Sounds too dodgy to be true. Restaurants are a law unto themselves though, seen more seriously shonky bodies in restaurants caffs and take-aways than anywhere else...

Being scared sh1tless of being sued I wouldn`t but some would. Might be in the back garden?

I heard (some years ago) of a plumber leaving the lid off a septic tank that the family dog then fell into and died. Another plumber, working for the same company.

So glad that wasnt me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflow Toilet System - wastepipes and manhole cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock