Search the forum,

Discuss People like this wind me up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...r-wilsons-full-system-build-4.html#post895633

Openly admitting to saving money by doing the design "himself", when what he actually means is getting advice from experts, to be able to treat a qualified guy as basically a semi-skilled labourer.

I have no problem with giving advice, but giving detailed design/engineering/planning information to people like him leads to our profession becoming devalued IMO... I know the information is out there, and anyone can buy textbooks and standards documents and even the CIBSE design guides but they all take effort to understand. Effort that we (and presumably his plumber) have all put in, and people like this expect us to hand it all to him on a plate...

Feeling very bitter and cynical this morning, can you tell?

Funnily I thought the same when his "project" started. I don't mind offering "help" but he's actually wanting a full on step by step design carrying out. I bet he's not spent a penny on design but because he's polite and friendly he's easing his way through the whole project with our guidance.

His recent posts are very presumptuous that we're just going to do the donkey work for him. I was wondering if he was a wind up but I do think he's serious

The world is made up of guys like this. Every time I answer the phone I try to suss out if Im actually going to make any money out of it.
It seems more and more people want it free, or cheap.

Early in the conversation I always drop the "I'm not cheap". Sorts the wheat from the chaff.

I'll do a design, but it costs. If somebody has nothing but time then let them crack on. Pity the guy installing. Especially if it don't work at the end.

Did a shower install a few weeks back, the son in law was fitting the kitchen for the cust. Dogs breakfast came to mind. I had 2 visits to do the sink. He'd ruined about 300 quids worth of worktop.

He is persistent isn't he, he is now putting full diagrams on there asking us to give our opinions. I'm almost tempted to find the German for will you design and fit this for me

Last edited:
I`m glad I can`t help him tbh. I feel the forum exists to help people who are trying to do small to medium work themselves but by helping this guy on this project people who do help him are effectively stopping a plumber earn money.

Agreed mate I think I offered some help last time but he's being ridiculous. It's far beyond the realms of a bit of DIY help or an opinion on a product.

I`m glad I can`t help him tbh. I feel the forum exists to help people who are trying to do small to medium work themselves but by helping this guy on this project people who do help him are effectively stopping a plumber earn money.

Totally agree. Helping DIYers with small jobs, great. Putting fellow professionals out of work, less so.

Can someone have a quiet word?

you do know hes not in the uk??????

you do know hes not in the uk??????

Yep, Englander in Germany with a German wife and a plumber that doesn`t understand him very well.

Bet the two Ronnies could write a cracking sketch based on this. :30:

My german relations always told me you cannnot work in germany as trade WITHOUT a ticket.
And his zones are wrong by my thinking if he is trying to save money...but hey ho.
Is funny how many of these people you meet these days :(

Yep, Englander in Germany with a German wife and a plumber that doesn`t understand him very well.

[Wife enters with bowl of olives]

Husband: Nein, nein! Olives for pipes!

[Wife enters with bowl of olives]

Husband: Nein, nein! Olives for pipes!

Wife: Nine olives? You must have three T's?

Husband: I'd love a tea, thank you. But why must I have three? I'll be weeing all day...

you will be pleased to know it seems he has given up asking on here

Think it's for the best. He needs to pay the dollar and get it done properly

THE two ronnies :) i liked that one sounds like my name through :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to People like this wind me up! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock