Search the forum,

Discuss No Hotwater from Oil fired boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I haven't tried the heating yet as it's been too hot. When I put the switch on the external mounted part of the boiler to 'test' the heating and hot water work fine. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Simon. Is there a way to test that, if I were to turn the heating on and we get heat Is that a likely sign that its the diverted or is that pointless as it could be a number of other issues? Do you know how long it would take to fit a diverter? I wouldn't necessarily do it myself but don't want to be paying over the odds.

Costs vary from company to company and locations across the country, how long a job takes doesn’t necessarily mean a higher cost. Did your hot water work previously I take it?

Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a reason why it all functions fine on the test mode? Well it would sometimes lock out and we'd have to press the limit reset button on the main part of the boiler.

Reply to No Hotwater from Oil fired boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock