Search the forum,

Discuss How to join and reduce pvc push pipe to flexible hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,
new to the forum as desperately seeking advice on the sink that has been the bane of my life for several months now!

We live on a boat so it isn't the usual sink set up. The sink waste just joins to a short length of plastic hose that leads to the outside of the boat. I put in a new sink and have been trying to fit the new waste pipe to the existing hose but this has meant using a reducer to go from a 1 1/4" waste to a hose with a 1" male thread fitting (as shown below). However, this meant the sink kept getting blocked after a couple days since the white connector has a very small inside diameter for the sink to flow through.

I have since been recommended to fit a trap but this now presents a new issue. I have a new trap with a 1 1/4" push pipe fitting but I want to connect it to the existing hose (pictured) without trying to force the water through the small diameter of the white connector. I am thinking that I thus probably want to cut the hose to be shorter and somehow connect the push pipe and the hose in a way that will allow the sink to drain properly.

Note ideally I don't want to have to change the hose completely as it is fixed to the outer boat.

Hope you can give some suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_112613191.jpg
    IMG_20200719_112613191.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200719_112639956.jpg
    IMG_20200719_112639956.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi Rpm, thanks for your reply. So the sink I fitted has a standard waste plug fitting and I have bought a standard trap which can screw onto this plug. I ideally want to then connect this to the hose that leads outside.

The hose looks to run uphill in the photos and what size is the inside of the smaller hose. What you have at the moment is one of these yes?

Reply to How to join and reduce pvc push pipe to flexible hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock