Search the forum,

Discuss Heads up please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

Whats the eticutte on this forum?

Never been on a forum before but want to use this as a learning tool, hopefully give some good advice (im sure I will get shot down if wrong!) and have some banter

Registered with moderator to get access to gas site, obviously a new member but on the boiler side/plumber bit do we have to be careful what we say in that joe public could be trying to do a D.I.Y job on his combi

Do what ever you want. Puddle will get you if you shouldn't do it lol

Theres a link on here to the forum rules

But mostly. No gas in public. No prices

There are many others but that's the two biggies for me

rule number one....... every monday morning pay £150 into AW Heating's bank account. :)

rule two....... repeat rule one on wednesday if AW Heating is skint!!

apart from thoses must do rules, generally do not give gas advise or unsafe advise to non GS members. (other than get a GS engineer in)

Thanks, been reading some of the posts and more senoir members havent been forthcoming and was going to put my 2 pwnce in and then penny dropped, will wait until get accepted on gsr part of forum

DONT FORGET MY MONEY ;) LOL

Honestly tho you will not get banned for slightly breaking the rules (unless its something really stupid), you will get a pm saying your a naughty boy if you do over step the mark.

i agree with everything above. basically don't give any safety critical advice that could be used by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, if in doubt leave it out. oh and you have to pay me not awheating :bobby:

lol have written that i.o.u. already, hoping my gsr password or whatever is comes through soon, I hear some lads are good enough to put some vids up which would help loads, missus is bending my ear to get off computer but it is becoming addictive

i agree with everything above. basically don't give any safety critical advice that could be used by someone who doesn't know what they're doing, if in doubt leave it out. oh and you have to pay me not awheating :bobby:

oi....... thats an abuse of power me thinks!!

ok..... 50/50 :)

I also like the fact that in 99% of cases when somebody gets it wrong and is pointed in the right direction by the majority it is taken gracefully and as a learning point.

But the other 1% makes a good read :)

to be fair when im wrong which is offten, im still right..... sort of!

I never get it wrong......you can ask me absolutely anything about flexies and I'll tell you their chemical composition, their molecular construction, their rigidity factor and that a wee guy in the far east makes them and laughs his head off at the thought of all they damage he can do when they burst as they are crap. Copper rules and that's a fact. Someday in 30 years time I'll become a Greenie TA and take over the entire forum (posthumously). See I told you, I never get it wrong.

(well maybe sometimes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heads up please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, so things are coming on now at last! New 250 cylinder in loft all pretty much plumbed in. F+E tank binned off, new ups pump, 2 new zone valves imstalled... Now im up to wiring up, have done the immersion, so we have hot water, ive wired in the dual stat. I have me head roughly into what...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock