Search the forum,

Discuss Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
New to the forum, bit about myself left school straight to college 4 years and completed NVQ level 2&3 and was qualified gas fitter. Due to struggling to find work I left plumbing and heating as I just needed to find a job. With what happening around the world. It looks like I’m being made redundant!
So I’m tempted to dive back in to plumbing, now being out the game my gas qualification have expired and I’m looking at using the redundancy to re take the assessment!

Now can I just book on to a re training programme and sit the CCN1 etc or do I have to start all over again trying to work with someone for training and evidence of working?

If someone could help clear this up at least I know what direction I can go.
Thanks

I would check with a training centre, regarding your lapsed qualification. There have been quite a few changes depending how long you have been out of the game.

I know when mine ran out, I only had so long to retake it, approx 6-12 months, after that i would have had to redo it again. So I’d say that this would pertain to yourself, Especially if there’s a lack of experience imo.

hello and welcome mj

Reply to Getting back in to it in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock