Search the forum,

Discuss Confused! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ConorM8350

Just been to a job for noisy pipes. Found the fault on the torbeck valve and then customer asks me to turn on the hot tap for the bath, water comes out ok but also comes out the CLOSED h/w tap in the wash hand basin (neither a trickle or full rate)
Can't understand how water comes out of a closed tap? The bathroom got done up 4 years ago and this problem has just occurred recently!!! Ruled out a washer because the tap does not flow unless it is opened or bath/shower is on lol.
Anyone got any ideas? (all cold outlets mains fed and combi boiler)

Very weird! I'll follow this one. lol

what kind of tap are we talking ? is it a mixer tap ?

No the taps are individual, just expensive basin taps by the looks of them. I noticed the isolating valve on the flexi wasn't fully opened (sitting about 45 degrees) but can't see that having anything to do with it. Whats getting me is that it's just started doing it and it's when another h/w outlet is opened (less flow rate) Haha.

Are they 1/4 turn valves.. ceramic disc or are they standard non rising head rubber washer types:)regards turnpin

Its really strange, could you try just replacing the washer?

I could be talking absolute rubbish as I am still a newbie but is it possible when the basin tap is closed the standing pressure in the pipe is enough to force the washer in to a sealed position and when you open another tap the washer no longer under as much pressure can not mantain a seal?
Just thinking out loud?

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by replacing the washer, pence to do and a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock