Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate lagged though wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Do most people lag 32mm in this case 40mm (1.5inch) as it passes through the wall cavity or just the external pipe? If lagging the pope in the cavity what's best to seal the lagging to the wall with. I'm thinking it wouldn't cement up well?

I have to lag 32mm as up here it freezes which has lead me to just install 11/2 with no insulation which has been very good so far

I have to lag 32mm as up here it freezes which has lead me to just install 11/2 with no insulation which has been very good so far
I have one to upgrade from freezing the last cold snap. To 1 1/2 from 32mm. Changing the run to mostly internal, well in the loft and a small vertical section around 30cm external. At the momment is around 2 meters external horizontal. I have some 35mm armaflex that will stretch around 1 1/2 pipe so will Lag with this in the loft and the small vertical section external so shouldn't freeze in future I hope.

The one I upsized to 1.5inch and changed to running mostly in the loft I lagged in the loft too. Now just has a small 150mm vertical piece external to a boss in the stack lagged with armoflex. Hopefully I won't get called back to this next winter. Done all I can bar trace heating.

Reply to Condensate lagged though wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock