Search the forum,

Discuss Cold radiators balancing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Our upstairs radiators were getting much hotter much quicker than down stairs. To try and balance I altered some of the lock values on the upstairs rads (not fully closed though) this seemed to work and the downstairs rads were much hotter however one of the upstairs rads was now totally cold. So I’ve opened up all the lock valves and TRVs on all the radiators but to no effect and now not only is the upstairs rad still cold but the rad downstairs furthest from the boiler has now also got no hot water going into it. Checked the TRV on the cold rad and the pin pops up as normal so assume this is working fine. All the radiators have been bled and the pressure on the boiler is at 1.5 - any help you can offer would be most welcome

Did the one work before could be a sign the pump is getting weak

Rather than open up all the lockshields and trv. Close all the trv except the upstairs problem rad - does it now get hot?
Do the same with the problem downstairs rad - hot?

If so it I’d probably a balancing problem, do go through this methodically from the start
If this doesn’t yield results, look at the pump

Reply to Cold radiators balancing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock