Search the forum,

Discuss Changing a 5ft direct cylinder for a smaller one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bythesea

basically what I want to know is do I need to raise it up>?

Currently the one in place is 5ft high by 500 mm wide with 2 immersion heaters but is only feeding the sink and whb so not suitable
If I put a new smaller one in place will it still work if I sit it on the ground off some 3 x 2? Or will I need to build up a platform for it?

Its a bungalow and fed from a tank in the loft
just found this place and would appreciate your thoughts
cheers
dave

pressure is dictated by the height of the water tank in the loft not the cylinder, the cylinder can be fitted on the floor if that whats bests. Please get a competent sparks in if your unsure about the electrics.

all you need is 15litre unvented undersink heater, cost about £200 or so, run off 13amp plug if need be, no tanks in roof and mains pressure. use a decent plumber to put it in though.

Or one of these much better
7440570cfe47d1c1338240b5eb1b3f12.jpg
50l of red hot water and on a 3kw element. For about £300

Hi Dave and welcome ...couple of options there for you whats the story in the bathroom regarding bath/shower hot water supply regards Turnpin:smile5:

Hi dave , yeh it will still work, all that will need to be done is the pipes altered to suit new position, but like previously mentioned you have several options available to you,

If you stick to your original idea of putting in a smaller cylinder, most of the major cylinder manufacturers will make a cylinder to the size you require, I generally try fit stainless cylinders these days.

Great stuff thanks for the help
some nice alternatives
gonna bang a little cylinder in there . it will take a while to drain down but should be worth a bit scrap value !
if it was my house I'd look closer at taking both the tank and cylinder out especially as she has a shower now replacing the bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing a 5ft direct cylinder for a smaller one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a which are (a) end of life and (b) installed in a way which is clearly not right (no 2 port shut off valve on the heating coils just for a start, and there are other issues). The heating coils are currently controlled with 3 port valves that are...
Replies
Views
So i'm a 4th year apprentice doing gas repairs and servicing, don't really get involved in cylinders too much unless changing a 3port or something because at my company the plumbing department change all cylinders I've got a private job of changing the above cylinder due to it leaking in...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock