Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just installed a baxi 228 2 weeks ago flushed the system out as there was a fair amount of sludge ,boiler was running fine but now the ch pipes below are banging occasionally but kept them up throughout the night ,the boiler doesn’t even have to get to temperature on the heating .ive tried the obvious is air in the system but I believe I’ve bled all the air out as well as let the boiler go though it’s cycle first to get rid of any air in the boiler ,the pump and fan seem fine no vibration from that any idea

I’m the installer hence asking
I'm having trouble figuring out from your description precisely what the symptoms are. Are we talking about the sort of banging that arises from thermal expansion/contraction of the pipes or is it some sort of mixture/ignition explosion inside the boiler? Have you heard it yourself?

If you want advice about anything on the gas side of boilers here you need to a forum moderator have your Gas Safe registration details.

Reply to Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock