Search the forum,

Discuss TRV Valve is leaking out of pin in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of water comes out constantly. I tried closing the lockshield valve, but still the same. From what I read online I should just be able to remove this nut, but maybe it is a different type of valve that you cannot do this. Picture of the nut attached for your perusal, the arrow shows the nut I was trying to remove...

IMG_0510 Large.jpeg

Needs to be replaced the whole valve

Thanks, I feared that may be the case. I guess I was hoping at least to patch it up temporarily while I waited for someone to come out (which may take a few days), hence my attempts to pack the nut.

Is it not possible to get this nut off without draining the whole radiator?

That nut does nothing your thinking / researched about drayton trvs which you can strip and replace the seal

Reply to TRV Valve is leaking out of pin in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock