Search the forum,

Discuss Solenoid valv3) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I went to fit an isolation valve to a 15mmsupplyto a 5 burner cooker today, the clients autistic son keeps turning the gas on and running and hiding,
1) no money for a new modern cooker.
2) simple covers over the controls won't do.
3) taking off the knobs won't do.
4) lever action valve can't be fitted due to inadequate room to fit and pipe up.

can I fit a 240v solenoid valve and use a knock off/ key operated switch to the inlet supply prior to the bayonet fitting, there is room for this item, the switch would obviously be in a cupboard and lockable.
I know a commercial version is available with air proving etc, but price is too much and item too big.

Sensible answers please.

Last edited:
yes you can but have a nc solenoid and wire up like a light switch so power off / knock off off gas off, but be warned they get very hot so need passive ventilation eg vent if in box

Cheers Shaun, it will be at the back of the cooker so will be well ventilated, just not used these on their own before, but desperation before this youngster ventilated the whole house.

Cheers Shaun, it will be at the back of the cooker so will be well ventilated, just not used these on their own before, but desperation before this youngster ventilated the whole house.

yea done a few coupled to gas detectors for the same situation but for the elderly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solenoid valv3) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock