Search the forum,

Discuss ideal classic system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

did not take a manual with me to service this boiler. removed the burner to clean and then tried to remove the combustion chamber to clean the heat ex . ended up distirbing the rope seal . can the combustion chamber be removed or is cleaning the heat exch only poss by removing the fan assy.

ant

You have to remove thermocouple assembly and injector.

4 posi screws around injector removes the 'collar' which allows combustion chamber to be taken out. You will obviously see the 2 vertical and 2 vdiagonal rods holding it in place from the outside.

Be careful not to damage seal to rear of 'collar'

Hope this helps.

You have to remove thermocouple assembly and injector.

4 posi screws around injector removes the 'collar' which allows combustion chamber to be taken out. You will obviously see the 2 vertical and 2 vdiagonal rods holding it in place from the outside.

Be careful not to damage seal to rear of 'collar'

Hope this helps.

thanks .i was afraid of damaging the rope seal , is it possible to clean heat ex with brush leaving box in place just remove burner

ant

Yeah flat brush upwards from beneath will get between ths fins ok.

Haven't serviced one of these yet that hasn't required the seal to be re glued or replaced.

Yeah flat brush upwards from beneath will get between ths fins ok.

Haven't serviced one of these yet that hasn't required the seal to be re glued or replaced.

what glue did you use i think i may have disturbed either the rope or the seal on the collar that attaches the fan to the flue,
or possibly the chamber seals as the boiler is now firing up and staying lit intermittenly

Mick all the posts have now been closed and moved into a private forum for gsre only , if you are one please PM redsaw or gasman your number.

we don't give out gas advice to DIY erers thanks enjoy the forum

Mick all the posts have now been closed and moved into a private forum for gsre only , if you are one please PM redsaw or gasman your number.

we don't give out gas advice to DIY erers thanks enjoy the forum

no they haven't :lol:

well i am gas safe registered and i have had the pm from dan (desperate dan avatar) iam quite new to this, how do you get the gs registered logo under your avatar ? and how would i find the answer to this with out starting a new thread and having to wait

The yellow badge side of your name now allows you into the private section of the gas safe forum

cheers, is this exact thread open in the gas safe forum or do i have to start it up again ? if its not open could someone just pm me with the advice this time ? as i will be heading back tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal classic system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock