Search the forum,

Discuss funding!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

hi lads/lasses just been told that are college has secured funding for the new framework starting in september, my college tutor has said this should be across all colleges also,

so after kicking there feet for nearly a year it looks like theres a light of that tunnel,

and not the one puddle was on about in aprevious post:D

as always if i get anymore info ile post on here.

hi lads/lasses just been told that are college has secured funding for the new framework starting in september, my college tutor has said this should be across all colleges also,

so after kicking there feet for nearly a year it looks like theres a light of that tunnel,

and not the one puddle was on about in aprevious post:D

as always if i get anymore info ile post on here.

i heard this morning funding had been secured for the old framework not the new one. all thats happened is the new qual isnt ready so they are putting it back 6 months, well until xmas

as i have been told fuzzy this is for the new qual, got to nip into college 2morow so will dig a bit deeper and post when i have more info.

just been in to see another one of my college tutors and have some more info for you all.

if you intend to do a full time plumbing course(i.e no work placement) you will be doing the old course(6129) and it is fully funded, but if during the course you find a work placement and your boss wants you to do the nvq part, you will have to completely start the new framework the year after.

its rubbish i know but thats that.

if you are doing the day release course you will be doing the new framework(6189) wich is also funded.

hope this helps.

sorry lads edited my previous post instead of starting a new reply, read above for the updtae!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you intend to do a full time plumbing course(i.e no work placement) you will be doing the old course(6129) and it is fully funded, but if during the course you find a work placement and your boss wants you to do the nvq part, you will have to completely start the new framework the year after

Erm....so what does this actually mean? I'm with OLCI construction training (not a college), and am due to complete my 6129 next month. I then need to find a plumber to take me on so I can work towards getting my nvq. How will this effect my position?

Thanks.

dont take my word for it but i think youll be ok as your alraedy enrolled and doing the course but i would be looking to get your nvq2 done preety sharpish after youve finished your 6129.

i do agree its stupid full time doing the 6129 and part time doing the 6189 doesnt make sense but the is exactly what is happing.

told by tutor who has been good enough to keep me informed at every stage.

hope this helps kingpin.

Cool, thats a bit more reassuring. Yeh I plan on getting the nvq asap after the course. Only concern is getting a plumber to take me on....might prove rather tricky.

best thing to do is give city and guilds a ring and ask them when the shut off date is for the old nvq(6089) im preety sure its december 2010 but couldnt be 100%

if yopur already on a course then thats fine, no probs dont worry

if your on a framework you have to do the new quals, sounds interesting?

it is fuzzy, wheter its a good thing or a bad thing not sure yet?

but to be honest its good for me personally, i get to start the new framework, and get funding.:)

it is fuzzy, wheter its a good thing or a bad thing not sure yet?

but to be honest its good for me personally, i get to start the new framework, and get funding.:)

How did you go about getting funding if you don't mind me asking? And is it too late to apply for it now given the course has been paid for and i've almost finished it. Perhaps I can get funding for my part P or something, or even for a couple of NVQ visits (OLCI will pay for a couple of visits by an assessor but it's my understanding you need maybe 3 or 4 visits before you can be signed off?). Finally how old are you mate?

Mike.

dont think funding is available from a centre like olci, when i say funding it refers to funding via a college.

and im 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to funding!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock