Search the forum,

Discuss Black ceramic WC's. What are our thoughts on them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigmondy

Working on an install where a wall hung black pan is the preferred choice.

In my 30 years in this game I have never fitted one. The old dear says "ooooh - I wouldnt want one of them - will show up every mark!" To which I replied: "its a bog - you dont eat your dinner on it!" :devilish:

Anyone installed black sanitary ware or used one?

I know someone who had a black bathroom suite, and it did show up every mark.

Brand spanking new it looked impressive, but the basin and bath needed cleaning and polishing up every time it was used.

Albert -"I'm not getting into a black bath!"

Harold - "why not? It will suit the colour of the water"

Classic Steptoe, shame I can't find that clip on Youtube. :disappointed:

Highly entertaining responses - well appreciated - needed the laugh.

But WHB's and Baths aside - what about the closets only.

A black WC and a black WC seat - murder to keep clean just like the others in the suite?

Probably less so than bath and basin, but more work to keep looking good than most other colours.

If it's a hard water area, even worse re the pan.

I came across a customer with a chocolate brown bathroom suite. Impossible to tell if the loo is dirty as skid marks don't show up.:speechless:

Last edited:
Seen a chocco brown one as well, real throwback. Give me white anyday.

Last year I fitted a completely black bathroom with black wall panels, black ceiling panels and black sanitary ware. Looked like a funeral parlour as far as I was concerned, but that was what she wanted. Even 8 spots in the ceiling didn't provide sufficient light.

Black toilets and basins scratch very easily and this shows very prominently. Black walls are a dust magnet. Install at your peril! LOL

Would only be a black WC - the ceiling will be black gloss sparkle panels with stars (go figure - I remember you only used to go to the bog for a dump) :)

Back in the late 70's and through most of the 80's you hardly ever sold any white sanitary ware to customers. It used to be almost any other colour of the rainbow but nowadays it is almost impossible to find any colour other than white.

Back in the late 70's and through most of the 80's you hardly ever sold any white sanitary ware to customers. It used to be almost any other colour of the rainbow but nowadays it is almost impossible to find any colour other than white.
There's a company online who refurb all those horrible coloured suites and re-sell them. Remember Avacado and Canary Yellow? LOL

Black WC is okay for a Bachelor who sups lots of guinness,and who dont have a bog brush..

Last year I fitted a completely black bathroom with black wall panels, black ceiling panels and black sanitary ware. Looked like a funeral parlour as far as I was concerned, but that was what she wanted. Even 8 spots in the ceiling didn't provide sufficient light.

Black toilets and basins scratch very easily and this shows very prominently. Black walls are a dust magnet. Install at your peril! LOL

Jeez Colin bet you were depressed lol on completion? Any pics sounds weird?

Jeez Colin bet you were depressed lol on completion? Any pics sounds weird?
I still have a few pics on a disc somewhere, I'll look them out and post them up. Had to use a flash as the room was like a burial crypt.

I still have a few pics on a disc somewhere, I'll look them out and post them up. Had to use a flash as the room was like a burial crypt.

Lol @ burial crypt......only ask as I was asked for exactly this for a custard I fit a boiler for last month, I was gonna pass her onto to a colleague, but she wanted some idea of looks etc, I told her don't do it, but she has more Money than sense lol

Lol @ burial crypt......only ask as I was asked for exactly this for a custard I fit a boiler for last month, I was gonna pass her onto to a colleague, but she wanted some idea of looks etc, I told her don't do it, but she has more Money than sense lol

I fitted a black wall hung pan and black basin and black shower tray all walls and floor was quartz with mirror chips must admit it looked very good indeed

Weirdest one was drilling into a pan and fitting blue LED's. Her rse shone blue when she went for a dump.

Lol well I have never seen lights in a bog lol you live and learn mate
We wonder sometimes why we bother designing a bathroom for these types don't we?! LOL

Suppose it's everyone to their own and it's their money that's being spent.

Oh I forgot about the students flat in Glasgow. In the middle of the living room floor, they had a "feature". It was a toilet pan with flowers growing out of it.

Lol you sure they was flowers
mama4a3e.jpg

My joiner had a weird job to do in Harrogate a couple of years back - was asked by a middle aged couple to convert their basement into a dungeon complete with chains and manacles etc.

My joiner had a weird job to do in Harrogate a couple of years back - was asked by a middle aged couple to convert their basement into a dungeon complete with chains and manacles etc.

Oh Aye :)

Weirdest one was drilling into a pan and fitting blue LED's. Her rse shone blue when she went for a dump.

Heh heh. Talk about off topic - but I enjoyed the responses.

Re lights in the bog - this is a nice idea:

[DLMURL="http://www.starscape.co.uk/cp41.html"]Fibre optic lighting in bathroom floor tile project.[/DLMURL]

But having them shine up yir jacksie? - seems like a bit of wasted effort unless your in the pan looking up. :001_9898:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black ceramic WC's. What are our thoughts on them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Well it was Christmas day ,a day when all plumbers across the land have little smiles on there faces caused by wind from over indulgence the night before, hoping it will stay there with over indulgence from Xmas day as well, happy days We get up, thinking a day off with the family, a knock on...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock