Search the forum,

Discuss Would you fit additional isolation valves on boiler pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.
This is a general question, so not linked to any jobs Iv done or 1 particular scenario.

The question is would you advise fitting isolation valves on the hot, cold, gas pipes of a new boiler install? Just asking as Iv not seen any boiler installs with isolation valves on these pipes but I think it would be good to isolate these pipes in case of repairs in the future.

Or I might be a big fool and missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

No as most boilers include iso valves normally and it’s not much to drain them if they haven’t

Only if it makes my life easier.
I often fit one on the cold on a boiler swap so that I cant turn the water back on to the house
[automerge]1597694905[/automerge]

[automerge]1597694957[/automerge]
1597694934471.png

Picture from twitter

That is amazing attention to detail. Even the pipe clips are coloured to represent the pipe.
The isolation valves look redundant to me and It's not obvious that there's enough space to actually close them all anyway. There is rarely any need to clip pipes at 6-inch centres. Is this an advert for multicoloured pipe clips by any chance?

The isolation valves look redundant to me and It's not obvious that there's enough space to actually close them all anyway. There is rarely any need to clip pipes at 6-inch centres. Is this an advert for multicoloured pipe clips by any chance?
At first I thought the same as you obviously did but it looks like it’s an advert for every Plumbing component or clip you can buy.
It’s a bad advert really. You’d never see that set up in reality.........I hope!

Theres a guy trading in Lowestoft with the same name don't know if it's his work ? Personally think it looks a bit ott, extra valves can make your life easier but don't forget they can also be dangerous if used in the wrong way , if you had a open vented system and it has valves connections on the boiler connections then this could be dangerous if they were left closed and the boiler fired up. Kop

Is there really a necessity to put a valve on the hot water out of the boiler?

The pic is an advert for something.
The lever valves could never be closed when in line like that.
Can be done if the levers are opposite directions and slightly staggered.

BY the way....the pic puts my work to shame...I don't use colour coded clips!!!!

Only if it makes my life easier.
I often fit one on the cold on a boiler swap so that I cant turn the water back on to the house
[automerge]1597694905[/automerge]

[automerge]1597694957[/automerge]
View attachment 45001
Picture from twitter

That photo kind of looks like a job done for likes on twitter. Not keen on the multi coloured pipe clips and the additional valves just seem like more potential points to leak to me.

Even that’s a bit ott for me would be better with drain offs Than valves unless it’s a big system

Reply to Would you fit additional isolation valves on boiler pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from (common issue i believe). I have seen a video on here showing a temporary fix by adding some O-rings. Problem I have is that when the boiler was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock