Search the forum,

Discuss World's slowest Bath Tap.... I am flummoxed.....can you help? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have new bath taps, around 5 years old, new style two tap levers and one central outlet for the water. The hot is very slow... almost not worth running a bath. The cold flow is better but marginally slow.

The sink tap in the same room - a single hose - lift lever style tap has tons of pressure.

I have checked the pressure in the sink tap and it is fine with a device.

The hot using the device pressure was low and the cold using the device was passable.

A pro told me this could be the bath tap's fault, so the tap was removed and inspected and there are no issues with build up or debris and the tap seals are silicone ones.

My house is around 12 years old, and no other taps in the house have pressure issues on either hot or cold. It is a town house and the bath hot tap is on the top floor. The boiler is an Potterton and on the ground floor, there is a massive tank on the middle floor.

Any thoughts other than installing an expensive pump?

Hi

Is the bath tap on pillars? A quick check maybe to remove the tap and turn the water back on to check the flow coming from the pipes.. easy way to rule out the tap?

there is a massive tank on the middle floor.
Post a pic of the tank. If it is unvented (no cold water store in the roof) then it needs to be serviced every year by a 'G3 qualified' plumber. Unvented systems that have not been serviced properly and regularly can behave as you describe due to a clogged up filter.

Thanks Chuck I will try

The jug I cannot do as the man who did the test had a special device and has already confirmed it is much less than it should be... It was a British Gas engineer who came out to look at that fault and one other. I could try and get another device borrow and do it that way maybe.

Interestingly his theory was:

1. Old houses in time get more rubbish pipes.
2. Newer houses have rubbish thin pipes that get clogged up.
3. Limescale builds up and ruins the taps entry and or pipes.

He said older houses benefit from some form of flush or pressure flush? Memory is sketchy.

He didn't mention the massive tank... that is interesting. Maybe he did and does seem to make sense.

Does seem to point towards your theory about the tank, that has never been serviced - only the boiler.

Could be a Myriad of things.
Is this unvented or open vented?

If the rest of the outlets are good, then it is more likely to be local to the problem tap.

Does it have flexible connections and if so are they the correct bore?

Reply to World's slowest Bath Tap.... I am flummoxed.....can you help? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock