Search the forum,

Discuss Working on the plumbers directory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

So we now have a post code search bit. A few people have listings already and although they're not showing you should be able to click the "your listing" link in the main menu when you are on the directory and edit your listing and it should show again.

(Example of "Your Listing" link on mobile - it's in the Directory menu)

Screenshot_20191018-224617.png

So, I could do with a few listings to work with again. My own dodgy listing is okay but won't really cut the mustard when I'm working on the SEO for the directory as a whole.

So can I ask you to make a genuine listing for me please? I can work on it then next week.

You guys are the legacy directory people. We will roll this out on the other forums once it's working how we need it to work.

We want to end up with a free, much better, checkatrade style area on the forum, but with real plumbers, not DIY pretending to be plumbers.

But totally free for the homeowner and plumber.

So we will end up with just a huge search button in the middle of the page asking people to put in their post code. And that's it. They click search and it does the rest for them.

It's all about the listings then.

I have one already mate. It only has a paragraph on it at the minute. Will add more ASAP.
Can you see it there? If you click on "Your Listing" does it show? I have a feeling I've erased them by accident lol There's a chance it's just not in the new category so not showing, but is actually still there somewhere. So you'll just need to click edit listing, then click save, and it'll save to the new category.

But there's also a chance it's gone with the old category.

I tried listing but I dont have a website so all I get is post a ULR and it wont let me complete, I struggle at times to do all the work I get now you are only as good as your last job so not sure I want one. kop

You should be able add a listing without a website. 3 of the 4 test ones I've added don't have a website entered. I'll check the settings. :)

This button is the insert video button. (Between insert image button and insert smiley face button)

1571508225245.png

Reply to Working on the plumbers directory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

redditchprestigeplumbing submitted a business listing in the plumbers directory: Redditch Prestige Plumbers - A friendly family run plumbing and heating company in Redditch, Worcestershire Checkout this business listing... - Please leave a review for this company if you have used them before...
Replies
Views
qualityplumber submitted a business listing in the plumbers directory: Quality Plumber Leander - Quality Plumber Leander Checkout this business listing... - Please leave a review for this company if you have used them before. You can add your own plumbing business to our directory for free...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated "mini house" with an insulated, heat-taped plenum taking the poly from below frost line up into the space between floor joists. But, power outages...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is gathering work stories from people for a research project we're working and we're looking to get a story from a plumber. Anyone interested? The project is called Good Work Stories and its purpose is to spotlight job quality across different sectors...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock