Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester heatslave 2 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, just back from servicing a 4 year old Worcester heatslave, the problem is when you call for heating at the controls it takes a long time before it responses? I take it you can't get hot water without having the storage heated ?
I told the customer the boiler still under warranty so phone for Worcester. I think it could be the diverter valve motor that's on its way out?

Why does this happen wear and tear?

How long does it take to fire once heat is called?

Hot water needs the store to be hot.

Wear and tear, but if water dirty then it will accelerate or exacerbate any issues.

thank you Simon,

You press the heating on and it's takes 5mins to fire up also customer did say the heating didn't come on when it normally does. What could the issue be?

Hi Inverness, I think its referenced in the manufacturers manual - page 47 section 8.1 in my manual, in cause codes table - code 202 CH anti rapid-cycle mode.
When I service or commission these boilers sometimes I can't get the ch to fire after the dhw has been calling. I either wait 5-10 min or just isolating and reinstating power at the iso switch normally wakes the appliance up! Hope this is helpful

Reply to Worcester heatslave 2 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm water is pooling in the base of the unit. Can't see an obvious leak and all the components are dry. I'm guessing it's the thermal store leaking. Is...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
Heatslave II 25/32 water leak from PHE Inlet block. When DHW PRV fitting was removed a white flat seal/washer was found in 3 pieces. This seal is not listed on any diagram. It sits ahead of the rubber o ring item 45 on drawing and has has the same ID and OD as the oring but is made from white...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler...
Replies
Views
D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass part might me a bit sticky, so he changed that. Now I have heating and hot water. Unfortunately the hot water comes out scalding for a short while...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock