Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I just have woken up to no heating and no hot water, The bolier is Worcester Greenstart 28i Junior) on the first instance i have checked the pressure on the boiler which was a little bit below 1, i have topped up to a bit below 2, the bolier had solid blue light on it before and after,

I have tried resetting the boiler no luck, i have tried switching it on and off from mains, no luck,

tried putting the thermostat (honeywell cm707 - at least it looks like it) to a higher degree but that didnt start the boiler,

Below the bolier i have the wireless controll from the termostat and once i press the button on it the boiler starts and heats the radiators and the water for a brief moment but then switches itself of,

It does not do any unusual sounds, i cant see any leakage

Off top: i have tried taking a shower while pushed the override button but got caught with the ice age cold water in the middle,

By any chance any of you have encountered a issue like this before, have you got any ideas how to sort it out?

Thanks

Does it do anything when you open the tap ?

And the thermostat is connecting to the receiver? Does it need batteries?

I have Exchanged the battery for new ones, not sure if it is connected, when i raise the temperature on the termostat it shows the connection icon from time to time,

Is there aby other Way to check if it is 100% connected?

Rip out the wireless technology
get back to basics to lessen the variables and wait for a few years till the manufacturers get their wireless system right, they are just experimenting on householders in my opinion
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Need a gas safe engineer out if you’ve been through the basics. As there’s no hot water I’d be surprised if there was a thermostat issue

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock