Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 37 CDi greenstar - code " -¦¦- " and loud vibrating noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hullstar

We have just had our boiler serviced, after about an hour of having the heating on the display shows: -¦¦- and the boiler makes a very load vibrating noise which can be felt when touching the boiler.

Our engineer wasn't sure what could have caused it, he will be back in a few days to take a look but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Pretty sure that's the boiler running through the commissioning mode, have you got a pressure gauge on the boiler?

That is the commissioning mode. Has the power gone off to the boiler at all? If it has then the boiler does this for 15 mins on start up

Bit of a poor engineer to not know that means condensate trap fill mode. It should have gone after 15-20mins after power was reinstated.
If it continues, get the wiring checked out. It could be missing a permenamt love supply.

It was fine for about an hour, and it has had power removed many times before without making the worrying very loud vibrating noise. The engineer cleared out the condenser when he was here.

I followed another thread which said to press and hold the little man until it goes red, now the error code says EA (no flame in the manual). and flashes red!

Any Ideas or do I need to wait for the engineer? looking like two days without heating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Either wait for him or get him on the phone.

There's nothing more we can tell you than we already have.

And here endeth the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 37 CDi greenstar - code " -¦¦- " and loud vibrating noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock