Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 25si or Viessmann Vitodens 100 26kw? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunflowers8

Hi

I've decided to install one of the above combi boilers and wondered if anybody has any thoughts on either and advise which, in your opinion, is the better option, please?

Many thanks.

Hi. When you say 'install' do you mean hang on the wall yourself or have a GSR install for you?

My preference would be the V but it really depends on your requirements.

Go for a Viessmann, not that I've worked on them but they get good reviews :)

I'm off worcester gas combis at the moment. To many leaking heat exchangers, electrical faults and cut hands. No experience on viessman but I hear good things. I'm giving atag a go where space allows!

Hi. When you say 'install' do you mean hang on the wall yourself or have a GSR install for you?

Haha I wish I could install it myself but sadly not.

I have a small 3 bedroomed, 1 bathroom house.

Stan u fitted many wb filters? Never fit wb anymore but filter and conny warmer looked ok

no , never fitted even one tbh ! I have installed many magnaclean 2 and the new one ! Just the look of the wb one is making me not to even think about installing it ! I did quote on a job to install one as boiler was going to be fitted in utility room , but guess what .....did not get the job :)

Haha sadly I'm not that skilled!

I live in a three bedroom semi with one bathroom.

Have had quotes of ÂŁ1,800 for them both which includes a clean, filter and digital stat.

I note the the comments made about WB and wonder why all the plumbers who've been round and have all rated them top?

Simply because there customer service is excellent and boilers are really well build !

I dont say Viessmaann are bad just personal choice always is WB !

Viessman or ideal logic I could not bring myself to soil my hands with a plastic fantastic wb yuk.:smug:

Agree , definitely not wb - fitted my first Veissmann before Xmas, the 100w system boiler and was very impressed with it.

Only thing that puts me off the viesmann 100 is the rubber hoses on primary hex, they seem to attract sludge to them like a magnet.

Only thing that puts me off the viesmann 100 is the rubber hoses on primary hex, they seem to attract sludge to them like a magnet.

People slating Worcester lol, but the viessman has rubber hoses lol?!! We all know what happened to vaillants leaky rubber hoses...

I've been fitting viessmann 100w's for a few years, and yes the rubber hose would be my only real criticism. But I've only had one go around a year after installation. But 7 year warranty which is extendable to 10 isn't bad!

I do like the condense/ prv on the WB1C and wish more manufacturers would do this.

I do like the condense/ prv on the WB1C and wish more manufacturers would do this.

Not sure this complies with installation standards. Thought PRV discharge had to be in metal to withstand pressurised steam and condensate had to be in plastic due to the acidic nature of condensate.

Hiya sunflowers8 your question is often asked and all the experienced fitters below will give you their honest opinion based on their wide practical experience.

However as you are not qualified to fit my advice is thus -
1. Dont tell the c/h outfit you choose what boiler to fit its up to them !
2. get a few quotes from local fitters - some on here maybe
3. Make sure your fitter is registered and maybe affiliated to the manufacturer
of the boiler he recommends then you will get extended cover

If you qualify you may get a one free-

but as you asked I dont do models of boilers but tend to go for a brand -
Vaillant all day long...no comebacks from my point of view as an installer

........... Centralheatking
k
Hi

I've decided to install one of the above combi boilers and wondered if anybody has any thoughts on either and advise which, in your opinion, is the better option, please?

Many thanks.

I note the the comments made about WB and wonder why all the plumbers who've been round and have all rated them top?

Despite the cynicism of the forum members sunflower, Worcester Bosch continue to be market leader for the nth successive year, with a market share significantly greater than their nearest rivals.

You have picked little and large here - Veissman's turnover in the UK is vanishingly small compared to Worcester. Inevitably, engineers will come across many more failed worcesters than failed viessmans - simply because the installed base of Worcesters is 100 times larger.

They're both made of expensive German plastic!!!!. Viessman 100 has as well very long rubber hoses.
Go for the Viessman 200, expensive but better built.

Thanks again so much for all your comments. Invaluable as always.

I might be fitting a freebie in a close relatives on the Eco. To be honest am in two minds really, he was going to buy a Valliant but he qualifys for this now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 25si or Viessmann Vitodens 100 26kw? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had never seen or commissioned this boiler before, so I guess he didn't do it in the most efficient way: 1. I've got Google Nest thermostat but it looks to...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I have a 10-yr old Vitodens 100 WB1B. This fall a leak developed: the air separator located in the boiler above was leaking, and water dripped down and infiltrated the pump electrical housing in the Combi unit. This shorted out the Combi pump which then blew a fuse. I corrected the leak and...
Replies
Views
Hi All! I hope you can give me some advise. I had combi boiler (Viessman vitodens 100-w 30kW) installed about half year ago. Recently I start hearing one single bang when hot water is opened at any of taps around house. It sound like someone in other room will knock a radiator (not relly loud...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Evening Hopefully you're not sick of this type of question! I've had a few quotes for a boiler upgrade (going from a regular boiler (~15 yrs old, on its last legs) to a combi) - all recommending different brand/model of boiler, and all company's are saying that their recommendation is the best...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock