Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 15 ri heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobster6

Hi all.. My name is bob. Gas safe heating and plumbing engineer...thought it would be rude not to introduce myself before asking advice... went back to a boiler I fitted for an ol girl 5 years ago..and the top of the heat exchanger seems to have been leaking.. Looks like the seals have gone but can't be 100% sure.. Called Worcester and they want 300 squids to repair.. All good if it's the heat exchanger but not good for the old dear.. Don't know weather to replace seals and see if it stops the leaking or get Worcester in..anyone else had the same probs..boiler is still going ok but had to turn it off obviously..any advice would be appreciated..thanks bob

Welcome to no electricians land :) lol
i would personally pass it on to Worcester ! As by the to e you drain down and start changing seals you are looking at 3-4h labour

Got any pics? I'd do it myself if it was one of my custards. Can't be that difficult. Worcesters usually strip down easy, I'm always changing the manifolds on the dreaded combis with there pin hole leaks of death.

Yep pal, and there no water seals you can change on the WB 3 heatcell, complete unit, I would start with water quality also!

Bet its rippled like anything Vern
Yes bud thats a sign of heatcell overheat, the hex starts blocking and can't fully dissipate the burner heat, it happens over months and months, but it will fail, usually the sludge that does the damage

Yes bud thats a sign of heatcell overheat, the hex starts blocking and can't fully dissipate the burner heat, it happens over months and months, but it will fail, usually the sludge that does the damage
lack of proper servicing can also kill it,baffle jams solid and the hex swells up sometimes condy water backs into the fan as well

Baffles got re profiled Mark, because of the crap shape design on early ones.....and yes important to clean condensate trap

Sounds like it needs a proper service, not a FGA !
New burner gasket properly set up and then see how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 15 ri heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock