Search the forum,

Discuss Wide range cylinder stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum,

Can anyone please tell me, is there such a thing as a cylinder stat with a wider than standard temperature range?

I have a bog standard one now which holds temperature to (I guess about) +/- 5 oC from set point. I'd like one that has maybe a 20 oC range, so it comes on at 50 oC and off at 70 oC.

The reason for this is that it calls on my wood pellet boiler to fire too often and I figure this would significantly reduce the start-ups, and 50 oC is ample for my needs.

Thanks in advance.

You mean your buffer cylinder ?

Main (only) cylinder. The water in it only directly supplies UFH and bathroom towel rails. There is a small heat exchanger on the side which heats the DHW, there is a mixer valve on the tank which reduces it to 50 oC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wide range cylinder stat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear throughout the upstairs (it's in the loft). The manufacturers have stated that there is too much flow going into the cylinder, and that the gas...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can suggest where I should looking to resolve this one... I have a Bosch 30Cdi regular boiler on an S plan system with a 180L vented, indirect hot water cylinder. Boiler Temperature is set to 5 (67c) and the stat on the Hot water cylinder is set just below 60c. A Honeywell DU144...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
N
Hey guys, I've searched the forum, but haven't found anything useful. I don't know the name of the thing I'm looking for, so I apologize in advance if this is something basic that I should have found in a search. So basically, my electrician is an old fella who doesn't know much about heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock