Search the forum,

Discuss Which type of boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thediamonddoc

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a boiler upgrade. We live in a 4 bedroom largish house. 14 rads (6 doubles) and 2 thermostatic showers. We currently have an old gas boiler (ideal mexico - 1988) and hot water suplied form an old storage tank with a cold water tank in the loft. The system works but supply to the 2nd shower is pretty poor and the boiler is pretty expensive to run.

We're looking to change - but what to?

Had recommended the Glowworm Ultracom 35 store - 19l/min flow and the vaillant ecotech 937 - 15l/min flow and the alpha cd 50 (not sure of rate). Does anyone have experience of these boilers? Will this be enough to have 2 showers going at once?

Also one engineer thought we would be best going for a viessmann vitodens 222-f with 100l of storage or the glowworm ultrapower sxi which is a similar floor standing combi with up to 170l of storage. Not sure I need it to be honest but all thoughts would be welcome.

Ewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which type of boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
D
Hi - I have a Myson Velaire oil boiler which was installed in 1988. The boiler has been very reliable only needing a good service and rarely a replacement part. Today I noted water on the floor and it looks like the water jacket is leaking, can it be repaired ? I am aware most will say...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock