Search the forum,

Discuss Which towel rads don't leak when run off softened hw circuit? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, hope someone can help me find a solution to this problem please.

I have 3 wet, stainless steel, ladder towel rads fed from pressurised ch/hw system including ufh throughout(no other rads). House was built 2 years ago. We had a tablet salt water softener fitted 3 months after moving in.

Just before the softener went in, 2 towel rads on 1st floor started leaking and corroding from the welds between horizontal and vertical tubes. Rad on 2nd floor was OK. Builder replaced them. After softener fitted all rads started leaking within a few months and much worse than before. Builder replaced a second time. Again they started leaking.

Until a month ago I have ignored or shut them off. Thinking the rads may have been of poor quality I replaced one with a rad which has 316(marine grade) welds. This has a pinhole leak after 4 weeks.

Have I just been incredibly unlucky with defective manufacture or am I not using the correct towel Rad for my system? Most manufacturers seem to state their rads are not suitable for direct hw feed or on softened water.

Anyone have any suggestions or had a similar problem and been able to resolve it?

Apologies for length of post.

Reply to Which towel rads don't leak when run off softened hw circuit? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
I have recently had a new bathroom done because of this the builder has blocked the radiators on the second floor whilst doing the bathroom and when he had completed he has open the lock shield valves fully. I have tried to balance them, but I have few questions if someone could help me to fine...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock