Search the forum,

Discuss Which radiators to purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a Living room Size:
L 6mtrs
W 5mtrs
H 3.25 mtrs

Using an online calculator basic heat calculator = 4719 watts(16103 BTUs).

There is one Wall Window (Top opener) 1200mm x 1100mm
2 x Velux Roof lights 1180mm x 1140mm
All Windows Double Glazed.
The ceiling is vaulted 3.25 high at center . 2.5 at walls . Building regs insulation. Ceiling Angle is 22.5 degrees
three outer walls are Brick outer Breeze block inner . Building regs cavity wall insulation. one inner wall Studded.

The Front door opens directly onto this room.

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi Combi
There are 2 x 1400 x 600 cast iron double panel single convector rads in the room.
Are they the right size/type for this room? Given the information.

Regards

Last edited:
You will need to say what the floor is as well. + how much all the other rads in the house served by the 30kw boiler add up to...then of course inside leg measurement etc and mothers maiden name.

They sound about right

1400x600 k2 x2

What makes a huge difference to the heat losses = heat input required is the amount of air changes per hour (ventilation heat losses). Not so easy to calculate as structural heat losses. Worth noting that very cold days often require less heat input than moderately cold windy days for that very reason!
Not to invalidate other people's posts, just musing on the fact that trying to calculate this exactly is a tricky one.

Reply to Which radiators to purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, We currently have 3 old radiators in our living room, the room feels cold in winter and radiators take ages to get warm, system has been power flushed and new pump fitted, so want to replace the radiators. The room is 5.7 x 4.9m x 2.5m but heat vents upstairs to a landing with no radiator...
Replies
Views
Got an underfloor heating to install and Ive done a few repairs on manifolds etc but this is the first design and install for me. Advice and tip requested. The job is a kitchen extension with under floor heating this .will be added to the existing rad heated house. The new heated areas will be...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
In a bathroom which measures 2.53 sqm with a height of 2.66 m, which 2000 mm tall Tilbrook radiator would you suggest would be required? Using a combi boiler system with central heating temperature of 60 C...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock