Search the forum,

Discuss Which make of bathroom tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linniebird

Hi chaps. Can anyone recommend a good make of bathroom taps (bath & basin mixers)? I'm after a simple in style wall-mounted variety. I've been told not to go for specific makes such as Bristan (like their Prism range) as, despite having the reputation for quality, their parts are not a standard size and are costly to replace. Apparently I should be looking for 'generic' makes if that makes any sense, ie from a plumbers merchant, but haven't a clue where to go :confused: Can anyone help? I live near Brighton, East Sussex. Cheers.

My reply has vanished! Take Two: Thanks for that WaterTight. Any idea what their prices are like? I'm always a bit scared to go to these places as they seem expensive and my bank account has taken a battering of late with this bathroom project ('HOW MUCH FOR A SHOWER DOOR????!!!!')

Go in and have a chat, they're friendly. And tell them how much you'd like to spend, what your concerns are and ask them what they can get in for you. You'll come away happy - nice people. As long as you don't mind the smoking ban being openly flouted...

Do bear in mind that you get what you pay for. You should find out flow rates expected at the available pressure in your property. Almost all taps are imported these days and the dowside of that is they are made to work adequately on high pressure water systems. Unless you have a full mains pressure system, be it Combi or Megaflow type, the result when fitted to our low pressure vented systems often dissapoints.

If you have pressures of above 0.5 bar, go for Grohe. After 3 decades of plumbing and having fitted hardly anything else since 1989, I can say that Grohe taps are the single most reliable, functional and beautiful plumbing product I have ever fitted.

These taps can be purchased on line now at very competative prices.

The user befefits of Grohe included quality gun metal or zinc treated brass, with quality chrome plating. Noise regulated to German standards. Non-splash usage and aerated water flow. Many have flexible connections and a full range of wall mounted taps to mach basin mono-block type taps. Go for the entry level stuff such as Europlus and you won't go wrong.

Grohe, Bristan and Ideal Standard make nice taps.

Don't see the problem with bristan, lost track of the amount I've fitted in all sorts of scenarios and never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which make of bathroom tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock