Search the forum,

Discuss Which combi boilers are available with a rear flue option? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Zippymark

Gas Engineer
I'm after a boiler with a rear flue option for a replacement cupboard installation, i know the Vaillant Ecofit Pure and Gloworm equivalent but i've fitted one before and wasn't really happy paying a grand for what seems to be essentially the same as a £480 Heatline Capriz2 so was looking for other options.

Thankyou

I think the baxi eco are rear flue not sure as never fitted one

Gloworm energy are cheap enough tho around 600 with flue

No-one has yet mentioned the Ideal Logic, which has the rear flue option. And, according the the note to self I made a while ago, the Potterton Titanium and Baxi Ecoblue Advance both are too.

No-one has yet mentioned the Ideal Logic, which has the rear flue option.

In a Combi ?

Know they do a heat only rear but didn’t know they do a Combi

Ah, then without looking further, I might have to stand corrected there - my previous research (hence the notes to self) related to heat only. Apologies may be in order.

I've emailed a few of the manufacturers so i thought i'd update you with my findings-

Ideal - "The only models with the rear flue option are the Logic Heat range."

Worcester - "None of the boilers have the ability to have the flue come from the back of the boiler itself. "

Baxi - "Unfortunately no combi with a rear flue option, only heat only. "

Vaillant - Waiting to hear back but i'm fairly sure it's just the Ecofit Pure

Glowworm - Waiting to hear back but i'm fairly sure it's just the Energy, which is essentially the same as the Vaillant

In which case I apologise for earlier post . I was entirely wrong. Sorry.

No need to apologise it was a decent shout / suggestion

They have a dreadful reputation ( but my experience with them has been ok) Vokera Vision 30 C ( and their successors) are relatively cheap, have a neat rear entry flue option and are small enough to easily fit into a 600mm kitchen wall unit.

I await the anti Vokera comments - which I can fully understand - I guess I have just been lucky with them.

Vaillant EcoFit Pure - fitted a few combis with the rear flues. Good boilers, work well. Not sure on about parts replacement in future (Not as nice to work on as the Pro/EcoTec Plus) and bottom manifold is a bit plasticy but good for getting in cupboards and the rear flue option.

But yeah, the Heatline is the just the same boiler. Just different computer and different service response times.

Reply to Which combi boilers are available with a rear flue option? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock