Search the forum,

Discuss What Water Leak Detector in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, got another query. I want to get a Water Leak Detector. I know from Amazon that they range from about £60 up to £1000. I want to be able to locate a water leak under say 4" concrete and maybe another 4" below that concrete in soil or hardcore. All help welcome

Never used one personally but I have seen the local water authority use very very expensive equipment and fail miserably with it, so my advice would be to hire the stuff a few times and pass the cost onto the job. That way you will see if it is worthy of the cost before you invest.

I would say that for most expensive tech to be fair.

Things like threading machines, flushing machines, core drills etc etc, are pretty certain purchases, in so much as you know exactly what you're buying, why you're buying it and that they will perform the task you're aiming at, mainly, making your life easier.

Tech stuff is 'fancy promise the earth gadget time' and very expensive if it is useless and doesn't pay for itself. It can look very professional but at the end of the day, you will still need a spade, ear muffs and and a jack hammer.

Is this a real job? are we on UFH?

Last edited:
Hi guys, got another query. I want to get a Water Leak Detector. I know from Amazon that they range from about £60 up to £1000. I want to be able to locate a water leak under say 4" concrete and maybe another 4" below that concrete in soil or hardcore. All help welcome
I really think you are looking for a solution to a problem ...’in a box’ I have been involved with domestic pressure heating systems since 1983 ish. I am well upon UFH and all the rest. I really do not think buying this type of device will assist at all. The Uk internet is awash with outfits offering this service
and never seen a post saying it solved thus quite common problem . So do not waste your money.
If you can put up a circuit diagram of your system there are many ways of nailing down your problem
to a specific area. The solution might not be nice ..and also I would wait until Spring has properly sprung before you go on your mission ..less pressure from people in your GaFF
Centralheatking

Reply to What Water Leak Detector in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks like the bottom part (water section?) is leaking in a couple of places. maybe a seal or diaphragm? Can it be repaired or...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock