Search the forum,

Discuss Weird request. Looking for old boiler that we can photograph and then throw away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

OK this might be a weird request. For 2012 we are seriously thinking of reaching out to Gas Installers to show them how veratile our diamond core kit is.

For example - Something our drill kit can do (in addition to drilling tiles) is to drill holes into solid granite worktops. Thats very useful to know when installing gas boilers over existing granite worktops.

To spread the message we are planning to advertise in Installer magazine and others but obviously to be effective and eye catching we need to photograph a small project of cutting holes in granite to demonstrate fitting the gas pipe through and the water pipes.

There seem to be no stock photographs available (I have checked) so it maybe we do it ourselves. So far I have:
1) I have a lump of granite.
2) I have a camera
3) I have the tool set

But I need a gas boiler......

Of course the boiler wont be attached to any supply. It will freestanding and I can connect it up to some ply and plasterboard. So please dont be horrified and think we are planning to work with real gas or electrics.

This will be for photographic purposes only. Here is an example of what I am sort of looking to achieve in the photo:

422679_10150487446022014_617362013_8548324_1317877743_n.jpg

So the plan is to take some photographs of someone pretending to install a boiler.
To photograph the pipes going through granite worktops (maybe tiles too)

The shot has to look realistic and modern.

This might sound a bit dopey... But should I just walk into my local boiler merchant and ask if they have a spare broken boiler that we can work with.
Or am I going to chased out of the Gas-Safe premisis by angry fitters !!!

You may have other ideas about what we should do. You may also have opinions on what you would want to see in the ad.

Hopefully I can get this up and running in the next month or so and get a catalogue of shots put together.

Re: Weird request. Looking for old boiler that we can photograph and then throw away

The merchants normaly have dummy boilers on the wall, why don't you contact a manufacturer and get them to send you a dummy shell in return for you showing the boilers badge brand in your ad

Re: Weird request. Looking for old boiler that we can photograph and then throw away

where are you wanting to go to take the pics ? england scotland wales etc might help narrow your search

you could come and take a photo of the ex wife if you want ? :)

I'm sure somebody will let you go to an installation to take some pics in exchange for some freebies. :)

I am due to take out a leaking not too old oil boiler soon if you're interested (Yorkshire)

try the local sprappy near you they might have a boiler and jig, or you will need to network your local guys, if you offer to turn up at the boiler renewal im doing on wed and take away the old boiler i will be more than happy not to have to do it myself, other than that check out any boiler MI and get the pipe spacings (just to add realism to the pic) then drill and fit short tails of pipe thro the granite with bends on the top and 50mm of pipe similar to the first fix we sometimes do before the boiler is on site, clip them to the chipboard wall to hold them in place

I can personally vouch for your Bathroom Kit, it is excellent and I've recommended it to many others.

However in the title of this post can you not change "Throw away" to "Recycle!" LOL

I have a pile of broken Ideal Isars you can help yourself to.

Cheers for the fast responses and just to get geographical I am London (EN11 9DF) so if there are any installers in and around...

Good idea about contacting a mfr for a shell. I will call a few this week.

Yes Yes of course I need to work in the word "Recyle" onto everything now dont I? Its the "Buzz word" and of course musnt forget
the word "Eco" and finally "Enviromentally friendly"

Maybe I should get up on the roof and show solar panel installers that these cutters work on roof tiles as well.
Perhaps I need to show them working on a slate pitch roof !

"Strapline - No need to remove roof tiles when installing pipework from eco-friendly solar panels. Simply drill the hole through with the ********* drill bit"

Now all I need to drum up is how the pack can save the planet.....

As for the photographs of the ex-wife its not that sort of old boiler we want....

i would go for the empty shell you will get a new modern boiler(well boiler casing) all you have to do is photograph from above at the right angle as thats all it is a shell no internals what so ever, manufacturers are quite happy to send you a dummy boiler if you intend on selling their products, if your advertising them along with your drill bits then your giving them free advertising so should be happy with that i would imagine

I'd say scrappy best bet, I took cylinder a couple of weeks ago and guy reckoned they were sitting on all copper at moment as prices were a bit crap, so there likely to have some in.

Going to try writing to a few boiler companies this week. I would talk to our local scrappy but they are REALLY funny about stuff down there. Would probably sell it to me. Anything metal and they are on it like a hawk. They run our dump like a military dictatorship so I (like a lot of locals) fear with our lives even driving in there !! I never spend a moment more than I have to in there because they shout at everyone and make them jump through hoops to throw even a simple bit of car rubbish away.

Should of placed the add a week ago i threw one away the other day and you arnt far from me if u dont get any luck with manufacures ill keep my next one for ya, got one in the shed but no wall jig for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird request. Looking for old boiler that we can photograph and then throw away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock