Search the forum,

Discuss Water gushing out tap and shower- while off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HI

We recently had our en-suite refitted- been using it about a week. Earlier today we noticed water coming through the ceiling of the room under it.

we ran upstairs and found water coming out the shower heads and out if the bath tap- the tap has actually come away from the tiles.
Nothing had been left running- so these seemingly have turned themselves on- which I know is impossible!

the tap has come off the wall with such force it’s cracked the tile behind.

thankfully the room has isolation valves, so we were able to shut it off and we can use another bathroom while we get the plumber back.

Any ideas what could have caused this????

Depends what went could be cheap fittings that the valve has cracked etc don’t know until you dig it out

So likely to be the tiles and everything will have to come out?
[automerge]1597522997[/automerge]
Depends what went could be cheap fittings that the valve has cracked etc don’t know until you dig it out
Should I call my insurance company now? Or wait until the plumber has come over- as it was only finished 2 weeks ago I’d assume he’d cover responsibility

Last edited:
So likely to be the tiles and everything will have to come out?
[automerge]1597522997[/automerge]

Should I call my insurance company now? Or wait until the plumber has come over- as it was only finished 2 weeks ago I’d assume he’d cover responsibility

who supplied the shower ? And yes some might need to be removed any chance of a pic ?

The shower and bath were both supplied by me for them to fit.

While the shower was running— when we didn’t expect/ it was fine, stayed in the shower and drained off.

The bath, other side of the room, was the issue as the tap came off the wall- so water didn’t go into the bath and drain as normal- it ended up on the floor- hence the flooding.
[automerge]1597523384[/automerge]
I’d assume if some need to come off, they’re all coming off- they’re porcelain tiles and I want the colours to be lend properly- not mis match due to a different batch
[automerge]1597523811[/automerge]
1C130A4F-02E2-4F9C-81FA-70FC787D5679.jpeg

this is where the tap has come off the wall- if I turn the water back on- the water leaks from here as well as out the tap itself
[automerge]1597523875[/automerge]
3F49ED44-274F-4012-88CF-F4CF0FCF426D.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like it’s come off it’s mounting / the grub screws are loose

is it a name branded tap / bath filler

also showers don’t just turn on by themselves so would look at getting that replaced under your warranty from the supplier

Should be ok if a warranty is needed

The shower is from them too- it’s a push button system- however normally you can’t have both outlets on at once- they were both pelting out water.

not the best way to spend a Saturday!

Reply to Water gushing out tap and shower- while off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock