Search the forum,

Discuss Water gushing from washing machine outflow: Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikej

Hiya,
Just hoping for some advice on things to look for before deciding whether I need a plumber/dynarod or whether I canfix myself...

Basically the title says it all - when my washing machine drains the water from the drum midin the cycle, the pipe that the outflow hose fits into overflows and water gushes out all over my cupboard and floor!

I've chased the internal pipes through with a flexy-pipe drain unblocker thingy and all seems clear there. I've followed this pipe to the point where it joins up with my kitchen sink and dishwasher and then into the main soil pipe that goes under the kitchen floor.

I've had a go at chasing this through with the unblocker thingy, but it's a bit think compared to the pipe and not sure if the issue would be down there anyway necesarily?

I don't notice any issues with the sink draining, although when the washing machine is on the sink plughole does glug a bit. I've also removed some crap from the washing machine filter in case that washing causing something and I'm still getting the problem.

Does anyone know, is it likely that the issue is in the mian soil pipe, or with the washing machine itself? I've seen some posts on other sites suggesting other people's problems may be caused by the speed of the water from the washer - but surely this should be able to drain away if there wasn't a block?

What's my best next step? Rod the soil pipe (not that I've got any rods!), get a new washer, or get someone out?

Any help greatly appreciated as the kitchen is getting ruined and I'm running out of clean underwear :eek:

Get a local plumber to look - its most likely not a full blown drain and jetting call
just a local plumber to look on sat am

Check for a kink in the outflow pipe that goes into the vertical waste pipe - otherwise dont call out the
drain and jetting boys - a local plumber will sort it most likely - ring him soon to get him to call
sat am

Local plumber will be much cheaper than drain type of person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water gushing from washing machine outflow: Advice please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
My dish washer and washing machine are installed next to one another per the attached picture. After using the washing machine waste water per the attached picture fills the bottom of the dishwasher. In the attached picture this the waste water after 2 washing machine loads. Attached is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected into the same pipes. The sink is constantly getting backed up. Worse when the washing machine is draining but will start to back up with the tap just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a month. Place is old but was renovated in 2014 so thought it would be in decent nick! Plumber came out to rod it end January from the access hatch...
Replies
Views
G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the boxing in of the SOIL pipe was rotten with mould and the carpet was saturated. Obviously been going on for a long time. I dried the area out. I then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock