Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knobblyknuts

I had this oil combi boiler fitted four years ago and it has never worked properly, it now turns out the pressure vessel is knackered and the heat exchanger isnt working either. Warmflow have refused to replace the parts despite the fact there is a 5 year warranty on them. Their backup service is a complete waste of time and their boilers seem of very poor quality. Has anybody else had issues with Warmflow and their equipment? It looks as though I will need a new boiler after just four years !!

Yes - I don't like Warmflow, nor their "Support". When I subsequently phoned Worcester they were a breath of fresh air. Great support and after sales service and great boilers that hardly ever go wrong (which means it's rare to phone the support staff).

I've found water pressure is a particular problem with Warmflow boilers. The incoming pressure should be restricted to 3 bar. If it's more it seems to create further issues.

In fairness to Warmflow (just thinking about it) most boilers I've seen with leaks are combination boilers (Worcester included). They need a good incoming flow rate and pressure and being on the incoming mains the quality hardness of the water is quite a "burden" for boilers. Also, combi boilers have loads of pipes in them whereas system boilers hardly have anything showing as the water heats very differently.

Years ago (pre plumbing) my wife and I had a boiler which kept going wrong. Plumber left because he was fed up with all the call outs (even though we did pay all his bills.) We tried someone else and after 2-3 fixes he recommended a Worcester even though the "new" boiler was only about 18 months old. Never had a problem after that. Mentioned this story to say you're not on your own - it does happen and no-one wants it to but, unfortunately, it's life.

was your boiler installed correctly in the first place?? how many rads do you have in your house?? and how many are doubles? how many people live in your house? (what is the demand for hot water) i'm not sticking up for warmflow but...... its very unlikely the boiler was faulty when you bought it ;)

was your boiler installed correctly in the first place?? how many rads do you have in your house?? and how many are doubles? how many people live in your house? (what is the demand for hot water) i'm not sticking up for warmflow but...... its very unlikely the boiler was faulty when you bought it ;)
Hi
Well i have wondered the very same myself, although the boiler was commissioned and has had regular services. Its a 70/90 combi, 11 radiators, 4 of which are half rads, 4 doubles and 3 singles. The boiler has already had a new heatstore because the other one went rusty, (they are made from mild steel). The water in this area is particularly hard, although we have a magnetic in-line scale inhibitor fitted to the system, i'm not sure this is sufficient. I am looking at one of the filter type inhibitors now.

I had problem with my Warmflow boiler as well (from new) - burst bladder in the expansion tank, internal leak, faulty pressure release valve... had to sort it all myself! The builders (who first blamed the guy who installed it), eventually forced the warmflow rep to visit me after I pointed out the faults were warmflow's - the rep serviced my boiler for free but said as I had replaced/repaired faulty parts myself there was little he could do to reimburse me and that I should try the builders... fat chance!
I should also add that it was guy's from this forum who advised me on how to fault find and fix my boiler... to them... many thanks!

Hi
Well i have wondered the very same myself, although the boiler was commissioned and has had regular services. Its a 70/90 combi, 11 radiators, 4 of which are half rads, 4 doubles and 3 singles. The boiler has already had a new heatstore because the other one went rusty, (they are made from mild steel). The water in this area is particularly hard, although we have a magnetic in-line scale inhibitor fitted to the system, i'm not sure this is sufficient. I am looking at one of the filter type inhibitors now.

was your system flushed out after it was installed, if not you could have a low ph of system water which will rust the system quicker and wouldn't matter if you fit a magnetec fitted

I had problem with my Warmflow boiler as well (from new) - burst bladder in the expansion tank, internal leak, faulty pressure release valve... had to sort it all myself! The builders (who first blamed the guy who installed it), eventually forced the warmflow rep to visit me after I pointed out the faults were warmflow's - the rep serviced my boiler for free but said as I had replaced/repaired faulty parts myself there was little he could do to reimburse me and that I should try the builders... fat chance!
I should also add that it was guy's from this forum who advised me on how to fault find and fix my boiler... to them... many thanks!

was the expansion vessel the correct size for the system??? as stated before 95% of faults are caused by bad installion

agree with above probably due to poor installation and not being flushed and having no magnacleaner,

Yes diesel, the expansion vessel was the correct size... just unlucky I suppose. Having all the problems made me a bit paranoid, I even fitted a pressure gauge to the return line in case of another leak, which was just as well, as a few weeks ago I noticed the gauges were reading well apart (0.5bar return - 1bar supply), I tried topping up but only the supply gauge rose. I found that the mains supply line was blocked at the pressure relief valve... cleaned the muck out and flushed the system. Everything seems to be working fine except that there is very little condensate being dumped? I hope there isn't a blockage there too... paranoid... LOL!

I think Diesel is correct . i also think you are the top end for delivery hot water for a 70/90 warmflow are not a bad boiler .. 11 rads / how many showers /baths. usage ? did you try to contact warmflow in Ireland ? if you can speek toi a guy called lee .. there closed just now open in about two weeks i think it worth it ..telephone number is 028 9262-1515 good luck

We had a warmflow combi installed 5 years ago and have had the same problems, incoming high water pressure played a big part in most of the problems we endured. its not a bad boiler but make sure you get an experienced installer from the begining .

We had a warmflow combi installed 5 years ago and have had the same problems, incoming high water pressure played a big part in most of the problems we endured. its not a bad boiler but make sure you get an experienced installer from the begining .

What you say may be correct however after 5yrs I would like to think the problem has been solved and please register to post your views.

Which is why you are required to install a 3 bar pressure reducing valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock