Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant pressure dial very high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi there

just checking if there is anything else i can do before i get a plumber in to attend to my boiler. yesterday i noticed that the pressure gauge on the Vaillant boiler was off the scale, it was past the red (see pic 1). I checked around and was advised to bleed the radiators which I did last night (I bled 3 out of 5 in the flat) and this brought the pressure gauge down to pic 2, with the arrow pointing to 12 o'clock, but still quite high. Then when I had a shower and left for work this morning the gauge had gone up to the red again, pointing to about 3 o'clock.

Can anyone offer any advice on what the issue might be or what I can do before I call a plumber to come and help?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    IMG_20190909_071654.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    IMG_20190909_213306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
You need to make sure that the filling loop is closed and then let some pressure out of the system. (From a radiator).
hi - thanks for this. there is one lever underneath the boiler (almost directly under the dial) which i can open and close to add pressure into the system when it gets a bit low, which i have done in the past. is that what you mean by the filling loop? and then would i just bleed one radiator or all of them? i'm guessing one will be ok if they're all on a loop?

Yes, that is the filling loop and yes from 1 radiator. You need to remove some water. Until about 1.3 bar. If it then rises you need a engineer to visit.
hi - thanks again. I'll check this again tonight and i'll make sure the filling loop lever is closed. But i'm fairly sure it was closed last night when i bled 3 radiators and then the needle only went down to 12 o'clock on the gauge after i bled the first one and it wouldn't go any further down after i bled the other two. so i'm thinking i might have to give the plumber a call?

Reply to Vaillant pressure dial very high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock