Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotec pressure dropping in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks, hopefully someone can help as this problem is doing my head in. Sorry for the long story but just want to fill in on what’s going on.
Father in-laws boiler was dropping pressure with no sign of leaks on system. I checked expansion vessel and it had lost charge so must’ve been discharging through pressure relief, so re-pressurised vessel to 0.75bar as stated on the vessel.
1 week later pressure had dropped again so put balloon over pressure relief pipe and after 7 days it’s had dropped and balloon was full. I checked exp vessel again and was fine so replaced pressure relief valve thinking it maybe wasn’t closing down properly due to running for a while. I also emptied balloon and refitted it.
After a few days pressure dropped to zero again and the balloon was full....again. The pressure in the system never got above 1.5bar and that was running it on service mode for around 30mins and the relief valve is set to go at 3bar. Also temperature never goes above 70*c.
I assumed it was a faulty relief valve so ordered a new one and fitted it. Emptied balloon and re-fitted it.
A week passes with new valve on and pressure drops again with balloon full again.
Im checking exp vessel when system is empty and drain valves are open and I’m using genuine Vaillant parts. Surely I can’t be unlucky enough to get 2 faulty valves? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

Reply to Vaillant ecotec pressure dropping in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock