Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTEC Exclusive 838 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The boiler temperature is set at 70 degrees but when it fires up for heating it gets to about 45 then shuts down. The flame symbol during heating only shows two bars, out of the four. This is followed by the display of Heating Rem. off time 5 mins. And counts down before firing up again. The rads don’t get hot enough. Any ideas?

My advice sit down with the the user manual for the vsmart and study it if your boiler fires and runs it's being switched off by the controls for some reason, or contact valliant customer service they can possibly get someone to talk you through it . Kop

How old is the boiler? And was it commissioned properly.these take a good hour to set and commission. If not done correctly, it will go to comfort mode ( like limp mode on a car)

You need a Gsi to attend I would disconnect the vsmart and try the boiler manually you will then know if the vsmart had developed a fault or the boiler is the problem this is not something you can do yourself. Kop

Reply to Vaillant ecoTEC Exclusive 838 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock