Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant boiler, no error on display but not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
On unvented system. Not sure what model boiler. (not helpful I know)

A tenant where I do some work has been in touch, he said the boiler was not working.

I asked him to check the usual, thermostat turned up, gas on (light the hob). Can't check the pressure because it means taking the case off to see the gauge (I assume, he said he cant see a gauge anywhere) low pressure would display a fault anyway. Trvs open.

I told him to switch off at the mains and back on. He did and he said it fired up. Half an hour later i got another text to say the rads warmed up but it's now gone off again.

He has sent me pictures of the boiler and there is definitely no faults being displayed. Waiting for him to tell me if the boiler works ok if hw is turned on.

Any ideas? First thing i'm going to do is put new batteries in the thermostat.

Had a look. surprise, surprise it was all working fine.

Tenant told me they had changed some times on the programmer so maybe they had switched the heating off by mistake.

Another thing, its an ideal not a Vaillant. doh.

Boiler display shows '0' then 'c' when there is a demand. Sometimes 'c' will show on display but the burner light doesn't come on.

Wired honeywell thermostat working fine when on site.

Any intermittent faults that are common that anyone knows of?

Reply to Vaillant boiler, no error on display but not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock