Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Cylinder loses pressure when I bleed radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

my unvented cylinder system has been losing pressure. So I started the investigation as to whether it is losing pressure due to hot water or heating.
So waiting for spring / summer when I don’t run heating much.
I can see that only one of the radiators which I need to bleed as it is always cold at top.
So when I bleed one of the radiators I get more gas (not hydrogen ) I found out that system losing pressure to half bar.
if I don’t run heating the system is not losing pressure and stays one bar.

I can’t see any leak anywhere.
How do I fix ?
Replace the radiators ?
Why is there a gas from One of radiators very often ie every two days.
Appreciate expert advise

Reply to Unvented Cylinder loses pressure when I bleed radiator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock