Search the forum,

Discuss Unusual 15mm fitting for WC. Anyone seen this before? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received this photo of a fitting for a friend's WC that heats the seat (essential, of course :censored:). There is a leak just above the isolation-valve on the t-piece. Will there just be some sort of washer or O-ring that will require replacement? Thanks for any comment but I have not seen this type of item before.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4580.jpg
    IMG_4580.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
As if the people who buy them care about such matters, or the people who fit them imho. Sadly easy to find online.

true but people should be made aware esp with water board as they are now

wanting people to put single check valves on ball valves that you can height adjust

ffs never ends

Yes, it does look a bit grim, doesn’t it? Basically this device belongs to a friend’s mother who is fairly disabled and had this installed a year or so ago. Evidently these are fairly commonplace in Asia etc. It is not just a heated seat but provides a douche facility also, albeit, a power-shower for the nether-regions.

As said, there is no way that this is going to be WRAS approved. It might improve things to add a check-valve and obtain one of those capstan-head valves that supply filtered water systems. Definitely not keen, though.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unusual 15mm fitting for WC. Anyone seen this before? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just finished tiling and im fitting a wall hung geberit wc with a washlet which has its own water supply. The kit for the install comes with a 90 deg elbow which i believe from the instruction pictures, is designed to screw into a threaded adapter at the end of the water supply. Because i used...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe (3 soldered joints only) running into house to the kitchen, to gas hob (with another isolator just prior to hob). System Failing tightness test...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have fitted a 22mm scale inhibitor today( due to very hard water) and have lost pressure to all the cold taps in my property bar the outside tap and the washer valve feed . I have also lost around 4L a minute on the flow rate on all the affected taps . Property is a new build MDPE...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock