Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating + Viessmann 222F in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all,

Just purchased a property and looking at boilers etc. We’re going to have all of downstairs with underfloor heating (approx: 100 sq meters.) running backup rad pipes also downstairs (just in case!)

4 beds, will have an en-suite bedroom in the loft and also mid level bathroom. Rads in the other 4 bedrooms

Will the Viessmann 222F 35kw handle all this, or would a different setup be better suited?

The boiler will be fine for your heating but your hot water usage will determine if the boiler has enough hot water output or you may need a system boiler with unvented cylinder. Was the boiler recommended by your enginner?

Recommend the top mount kit for the underfloor heating

the mains is going to be upgraded.

I wanted a system where there isn’t so many factors, i.e. cylinder, boiler, pump etc.

This seemed like a good solution as it’s a complete all in one, with a water tank too.

I just want to be sure that if i run 2 showers, or two taps at the same time, it doesn’t reduce flow/pressure. And obviously in winter months with heating it won’t cause any problems.

Only 2 adults in the home at the moment, but thinking more towards future really.

Thanks for your help guys!

It will work but if you are going to the effort of upgrading the mains I would look at the unvented cylinder as it will give you a much better result as you will be able to open multiple outlets at the same time and still not see any performance drop

And regarding the number of components have you considered the fact that if your boiler packed up with an unvented cylinder you would still have hot water

As Shaun above says , you will need a top or side mount , on a system like that please do yourself a favour and run the UFH through the Viessmann divicon , expensive but made for the job .
222’s come with 2 cylinder sizes , not huge sorry cant remember exactly about

Reply to Underfloor heating + Viessmann 222F in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock