Search the forum,

Discuss Uk .. Old toilet waste capped and concreted over.. trying to find in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I removed a high level toilet from my garage 28 years ago...

From memory ..i capped the soil pipe that was coming from below the concrete floor and then concreted the floor smooth...

I am now trying to reinstall a toilet....

The problem is that i can see an oblong in the concrete and have tried drilling several holes in the concrete down about 5" but i cant find the soil pipe.....
Also tried tapping the floor to see if i could hear a difference where the soil pipe is..... to no avail...

Is it likely to be in the centre of the oblong or nearer the wall......

I assume the toilet was installed in the 60's or 70's.....

Any suggestions would be very greatfully received

Thank for the reply...

Just found it ..
Coming diagnonally under wall ....
Already taken a chunk out of it (clay pipe)
Bloody concrete on top of it is really solid.....and propery attached to it....

Hoping i will be able to get an inset pipe into whats left of it...
Oh... and then theres the problem of trying to get the paper/plastic out of it (what i used to block the pipe all those years ago)

Any suggestions on how to get the concrete off with the least damage to the pipe?

Hi All

As you can see from the images below I have an issue.....

I removed and blocked the toilet in my garage 25 years ago..... it was concreted over.....

I now need to reinstall the toilet...

As you can see from the photos the pipe is damage to one side on the bend in the soil pipe....
The pipe has an inside diameter of approx 100mm

My possible bodge would be to get a flexible extendable pan coupler and see if i can get the end to seal into the soil pipe then silicon it... the fill hole with sand and put a thin 10mm concrete skim over....

Yes... i know its crude.....

Anyone any suggestions that would help.....

Oh! and by the way you will have noticed the bin bag filling the hole... its jammed soild... any sugestions on removing this would also be gratefully received...

View attachment 43663
View attachment 43664

Hi all....

No images / broken links ?

Reply to Uk .. Old toilet waste capped and concreted over.. trying to find in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock